Monday, August 4, 2014

Princess life

Working on the Princess is a very unique job. You work, eat, live and socialize with the same people all day every day. In some senses it reminds me of a tamer version of my college experience. While being aboard the Princess, I have made some great new friends. I have found that since we are always together, we have become to know a lot about one another which makes it feel like we have known each other forever. I was nervous before coming on board that my roomate would be weird, which would make for an extremely long week (especially for those of you who know how anal I get about my living quarters) however, my roomate Chloe reminds me of a childhood friend Meghan. They have the same caring and friendly personality, look the same and even talk the same (minus the accent of course). We have fortunately become close and have decided to stay on board an extra week together. 
Roomate time snacks 



Sunrise! 


Most of the other girls I work with are also very nice. Of course, since we are a big group of girls forced to be together all the time there is drama, but since I haven't been here long enough to make a negative opinion on anyone I stay out of it. I have been updated with the gossip of the boat and everyone on it, however, everyone has been nice to me and more than willing to help so I am staying positive and clear for the caddiness. I have come to the realization I don't need to love everyone but I just stay clear of the ones I choose to. 

Chloe goes around to leave chocolates on the guests beds everynight.... And mine! 

Work girlie, Emma, me, Chloe and Rachel 

And the bartenders Ashley and Jazz... 


Girls night in: face masks, wine, chocolate and chick flicks... Yesss

Looking gorgeous in our creepy face masks... Our faces did feel like a baby's bottom afterwards though! 

The work day is a bit repetitive but it goes by quickly once you get the hang of it. Breakfast shift starts at 7:30 and usually ends at 10, then a break until lunch at 11:30 until about 3, then a break until dinner at 5. Twice a week, the crew puts on a show for the guests. Last night we preformed the "Princ-tanic"... A comedy version of the Titanic. It's corny, but the guests love it. Our director Warren is Rose and our bartender dresses up as a man to be Jack. Luckily, they didn't have me singing, dressing up or doing anything elevate... Just narrorating. Wednesday night is Australian night. We get off the boat, have a bonfire, a BBQ and the crew has to dance and get the guests involved. Last Wednesday was fun because we had kids aboard, they loved it. After a long day of work, we all meet in the bar for a drink. Since the day makes me tired and I need atleast 9 hours of sleep to cope the next day, I usually leave the bar after one or two. I am proud to say I have survived my first week on the princess and may be even looking forward to the upcoming week.... 


Ashley as Jack 

Warren as Rose 


No comments:

Post a Comment