Thursday, July 31, 2014

Ngaut Ngaut

Every Thursday the boat stops at Ngaut Ngaut for a few hours. Luckily, it is during me and Emma's break so we are able to get off the boat. We enjoy going on the excursions because it's nice to get off the boat and if customers ask us questions at least we can say we've done them. At Ngaut Ngaut we climbed up the ridge to an aborigional territory. I think they were the first aborigional I've seen since I've been here. They told us how they used to trade rocks to use as tools and how they camped along the river. Honestly, I wasn't fully listening because a little girl who I serve every meal was talking to me the whole time. Her name is Dipsha, her family was so sweet. She was here with her parents (who also work for captain cook cruises in sydney), her grandparents and parents friends. We don't get a lot of kids on the boat so when we do everyone gets excited. I was the designated waitress at their table and the little girl just wanted to follow me around all night. She would call me to her table every morning to let me know she saw ducks outside and occasionally kangaroos on land. She would follow me around and help clear dessert everynight and even ran up into our photos on captain night. Too cute. 






No comments:

Post a Comment