Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Where have we been?!

I send condolences on behalf the three of us since no one has been blogging. We have been keeping extremely busy and enjoying every minute.

About a week and a half ago, we attended a wine event at Artwine Winery. Lizzie and Mike knew the owners so we got our own special table and enjoyed tons of wine and gourmet food for the day. There was a great band playing, good views and great friends surrounding. Grace and I even got our photos taken to be in an ad for SA Life magazine.. We'll be famous in Australia in no time 







On Friday, Sarah's mom Maureen arrived. We have absolutely love her being here! She seems to be extremely happy while she's here and is shocked how much we have become "locals". We plan on showing Mama J all of our favorite things to do in South Australia while she's here. 



Sunday was Asutralia day which is like the equvilent to our 4th of July! Grace and Sarah attended a party by the river with Lizzie, Maureen, Mike and all of our local friends. Sarah was nominated to partake in a pie eating contest (she lost but I heard it was a great show), there was tug a war, a band, waterskiing and sounded like they had a really great time. On my first Australia Day, I attended a cricket game in Adelaide with a new great guy, Ryan that I've met recently. We played England and just when we thought there was no hope of winning, Aussie pulled through and won the game for Australia Day! It was an awesome game to attend. After the game we went to the casino which was right outside of the oval (the cricket stadium). It was a really great day and I enjoyed myself a lot. 

This week, we are having a girls weekend on the houseboat. We are driving up the river, relaxing and enjoying one another's company. We are towing the ski boat along with us as well so we can stop and ski, board or tube at anytime. Since there is 8 of us girls a board and 4 nights we'll be on the boat, we all partnered up and created a cooking competition for best dinner. Last night was our first night and grace and I were the first to cook. We received raving reviews as we made mango chicken burgers topped with guacamole, stuffed mushrooms, baked feta, and a carmalized onion, apple, and spinach salad. We will be a tough act to follow ;)  I'm sure there will be amazing pictures from our week to follow :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment