I imagine that Sarah and Trey have talked a bit about the other night. It was unbelievably fun. I was convinced that when I was attaching the milking lines, the cow was going to take a steaming dump on my head. Turns out I was spared; a woman in snow white pants wasn't so lucky.
 |
| moooo |
We tasted the raw milk. I thought it would be gross, but mix in a little strawberry powder mix and you're good to go. It wasn't straight from the cow boobs, so it had been cooled and mixed. We weren't sure at the time how it would mix with all of the Australian beer we had been sampling, but all was well in the end.
After the milking we went outside to huge clouds of gray smoke coming off the horizon. One of the local guys rushed over to fill up this large plastic bin with water, and they were off to fight fire. It is so dry and hot, it spreads so quickly. The wind also pushes it along. Hundreds of people that lived close by went to fight this fire alongside firefighters. After the fire had been subdued, a few of the people we met went to the pub to grab a few brews, and then headed over to party with us on the farm.
 |
| can kind of see the smoke in the distance in this pic |
While they were fighting fire, the three of us were riding four wheelers, and offloading through a park with a serious abundance of kangaroos. We can finally say we've seen one close up. Whoop! Then came the hunting. I was the spotlight operator, slowly scanning back and forth waiting for the flash of green eyes in the distance. My catlike huntress abilities were shocking and impressive. Ain't got nothin' on me you little rabbit bastards.
 |
| Grant caught a baby goat! |
 |
| Brad and the baby goat |
 |
Sarah and the baby goat!
Trey and the baby goat! (Sarah's there for support haha) |
 |
| Wild (but wicked fun) off-roading ride |
No comments:
Post a Comment