This weekend, Grace had Grant over at Peppercrest, Sarah and Brad went away in Victor and I went to Ryan's. On Saturday, Ryan and I went to visit his farm in Macclesfield. The farm was absolutely gorgeous. It's on a large hill so there are beautiful views. To the left, there is a view of vines from Longview Winery that is right next door. To the right is a view of Goolwa Beach in the distance. While at the farm, we picked peaches and apples from the fruit trees. Then we took out his motorbike to visit the cows and see the views. After a wonderful visit at the farm, we went next door to Longview Winery for tapas. The food, wine and company was great. We sat by the window faces views of the vineyard. The winery was beautiful inside and out.
After the winery, we decided to hike Mt. Lofty. This was a bit ambitious for us after eating and drinking some wine but we made it to the top! Unlike the hikes in New Hampshire, the path was paved with concrete and extremely steep all the way up. When the hike begins, there is a tall waterfall with a river. As you hike up, there are some more waterfalls and pretty views. We even saw a wild kangaroo along the trail- so cute! At the top of the hike, there is a view of Adelaide. Although it was hot and I felt a bit winded, I enjoyed the hike and would definitely do it again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment