Friday, February 7, 2014

Womenly Essentials

Being 3 girls, there is a lot to keep up with. Nails, hair, makeup, fitness... you get the idea. This face just doesn't appear overnight. Being the most "girly girl" of the group, I felt the need to blog about the beauty dilemmas and changes we have been facing in Oz.

1) We blew out the blow drier on the second week. Due to the different plugs and voltage, the converter couldn't keep up with the blow drier which caused it to burn out. For those of you who know me best, you know I only like one certain type of blow drier that I've had since 15... and wouldn't ya know- Australia doesn't have the same one. Anyways, I'll live with a different one if that's the worse that happens here. Luckily, before the straighter got a chance to blow out, Ryan changed the plug from American to Australian.. and it actually works better now. Amen.


2) Heat: Due to the heat, its undesirable to straighten my hair... therefore, I've been going with its infamous "Mufasa status".

3) Nail polish is $17 here... for Revlon. So those of you at home, cherish the $5 bottle dearly.

4) Eyebrows: Where's Jane when I need her?! She's been waxing my eyebrows for the past 5 years and now... I'm stuck having to figure out how to use tweezers. This isn't a job I should be doing myself... I actually bled the first time I did it.. Jane, please move down under.

5) Highlights/cuts: since everything else is so much more expensive here, I'm afraid to see what this is going to cost. Trish: bring the kids on vacation over here please... don't forget the hair products. I'll be waiting.

6) No Ozone: I actually enjoy this because I'm liking my tan. However, Grace is like an albino infant and needs to walk around with an extra large sunscreen bottle as a purse.

If these changes are the only major things that happen in this past year.. I'll be okay with that ;) we just didn't think it would be so different.. craziness

No comments:

Post a Comment