Due to the rain and chaos of Valentines Day, Ryan and I decided to stay in and make dinner rather than go out. It was a very nice low key night which I personally prefer.
On Saturday, I experienced The Fringe Festival for the first time ever. The Fringe is an event that is held in Adelaide once a year that that is pretty unique. It isn't quite a fair, carnival or circus.. it's kind of all of those in one. According to its website it's "Unlike a curated festival, the open-access nature of Adelaide Fringe means that anyone with a show, exhibition or cultural event is able to register and be part of Australia’s largest arts event. The result is one of the most diverse arts festivals in the world, renowned for fresh ideas, spontaneity and fun". It was really fun to go a visit, see the exhibits and what its all about. It is free to get in and then little exhibits you could pay to go and see. Ryan and I chose to go see "The Freak show". It was pretty much just like it sounds. There were two guys (Space Cowboy and Lizard Man- who have been on that TV show, Taboo) they swallowed swords, juggled chainsaws, put large corkscrews through their face, crazy stuff. Honestly, if I didn't see it for myself I wouldn't believe anyone could (or would) actually do such things. There was also a bunch of food stands (including a BBQ with whole pig faces-weird), games, rides, etc. Since it cost $50 for 4 beers, we didn't stay too long. We walked to the other side of Adelaide and had a really nice dinner at Gauchos.
On Sunday morning, we were going to hike Mt. Lofty again, but decided to go to breakfast instead. We went to Hillbilly's Café in Blackwood. It was a cute, quaint café with really delicious food. I had a smoked salmon omelet that was awesome. If anyone in Blackwood, they should go. It's the perfect little hole-in-the-wall.
Last night, the 3 of us girls arrived back at Peppercrest. This week we are finishing up some things on the 'to do' list before we go. Grace and I are planning to head out on Thursday. We will be very sad to actually be leaving, but we know if we don't go now- we never will.


No comments:
Post a Comment