Saturday, March 15, 2014

Bike police

Now that we are in a location for a longer period of time, I'm trying to get into a fitness routine. I haven't felt fit for a while so I'm ready to get back into the healthy habits I once had. I have been sleeping through the morning runs with the girls. To be honest, I've never been much of a runner anyways. So I decided to give bike riding a try. I can't remember the last time I rode a bike, but- why not? I love spinning so it's kind of the same thing...

This morning, I decided to take Tyler's bike to the grocery store to grab a few things. When I first started I was literally concerned how things would go. However, they don't have that saying "it's like riding a bike" for nothing. So I kept on riding. After stumbling over in front of the botanical gardens, I told myself no one saw. But a few more seconds down the road I passed an old man who seemed to be saying something to me. I took out my earphones and said "I'm sorry, were you trying to get my attention?" He said "yes, why do you ride your bike?".... Before I could respond he said "because you don't really know how. The seat is way to high for you and your helmet is loose." To be fair, Tyler is 5'7 and I'm 5'2 so the seat probably was too high but that's besides the point. I awkwardly laughed and told the old man that it was my first time back on a bike in a while. He smirked and said "good luck with that." .... Rightio old man, you must have been having a bad day. I plan to still ride the bike and hope to pass him when I'm fully back into the swing of things. Im just wondering if he thought he was the bike police or if he was concerned or if he was bored...  Guess I'll never know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment