Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Taronga Zoo

Yesterday we did a lot of things to wrap up our last day in Sydney. Multiple people told us to go to the Taronga Zoo. Although Grace and I usually hate big touristy things like this, we really enjoyed the zoo. On the way to the ferry to get to the zoo, we made a pit stop at Harry's Wheel De Cafe. It is a little hot dog hut located near the navy base and Russel Crow's house on the water (no big deal..) Hanging up around the cart was pictures of famous people who have been to the hot dog stand. I was surprised that there were atleast 65 actors, singers and famous people who have been there. Grace and I had an amazing hot dog filled with chili, mashed peas, onions, garlic, cheese and hot sauce. Extremely filling but absolutely worth it. I would eat one again right now actually, I'm starving- shocker. While we sat and ate our hot dog, we tried to creep in Russel Crows window to see if he wanted to hang out with us for the day but no such luck. 





After taking the ferry over to darling bay to go to the zoo, we noticed that there were fabulous views of the Harbour. The zoo is stationed on a large hill so you take a gondola ride to the top (breathtaking views and picture moments), then walk down as you go through the exhibits. Our favorite exhibit was the "big cats". I found my twin, the large lion... (Those of you who've known me for a while knows that my hairs name is Mufasa). Grace really liked the tigers. She felt a personal connection with one since she's convinced "the cat" is her power animal. 





Passed out koala in the tree...




If we were monkeys this would be grace:

And this would be trey...

Peppercrest needs this (it should also ding at beer o'clock:




My inner soul:



Grace's tiger she "had a connection with"....





After the zoo, we went to our new favorite hangout, Ship Inn at The Rocks for happy hour and planned our romantic night... 



No comments:

Post a Comment